People call Ticketmaster customer service for a range of reasons, including:
- Questions about ticket orders
- Ticket delivery tracking
- Questions about premiums that come with tickets
- Requests for changes, refunds, or cancellations
- Technical support for using the Ticketmaster website or mobile app
- Problems with printing or using a ticket
Best Practices for Calling Ticketmaster Customer Service
Here are some of our best tips for helping to ensure that your call to Ticketmaster Phone Number customer service goes smoothly:
- Make sure you are calling the right number. Ticketmaster has different numbers in the countries in which it operates. In addition, it has a separate TDD number for people who are deaf or hearing impaired, as well as a dedicated line for people who have purchased tickets to “arts” events, including the ballet and the symphony.
- Before calling, make sure that you have any necessary information in front of you. This information may include ticket confirmation numbers, dates and times of events, billing statements from your credit card company, or any correspondence between you and Ticketmaster that is relevant to your case.
- Have a pen and paper handy so you can take notes during your call. You may need to record confirmation or cancellation numbers or take down the name of the representative who assists you.